Critical Worker Survey Grade K-6
Dear Grade Pre K-6 Families
Schools in Winnipeg are continuing to operate under Caution (Yellow) level. Holy Cross School is reviewing its Pandemic Response Plan to ensure we are prepared should Public Health directed schools to move to Restricted (Orange) or Critical (Red).
If public health orders schools to move to Critical (Red), all students will learn from home except for pre-kindergarten to Grade 6 students of Critical Service Workers (CSWs), who may still attend school if they cannot make alternative care arrangements.
Manitoba Education considers the following to be critical services workers:
- Health/health services workers
- Law enforcement
- Corrections workers
- Fire and paramedic first responders
- K to 12 education providers (all teachers, administrators, and support staff)
- Child care workers
- Direct social services and child protection workers
- Additional critical services workers may include people who provide critical services to Manitobans, such as front-line natural resource workers, essential supply chain staff (e.g., truck drivers delivering food, medications and other essential goods; food industry staff working in food processing plants, etc.) gas station attendants, and grocery store staff.
Priority access will be given to health care providers. Other critical services workers will be eligible and prioritized by the number of students we can safely manage, while maintaining physical distancing requirements.
Please fill the survey no later than Wednesday, December 22, 2021
Let us know if you have any questions!
Ms. Rachael Andrew